Tab Life is led by Pastors Dave and Ruth Thomas, supported by a team of senior leaders, and whole host of other volunteers who lead various departments and ministries.
Pastor Dave Thomas
Dave is a Merthyr boy… His journey from there to Pontllanfraith involved studying at Regents Theological College in Nantwich, being a youth pastor in Hanley and Redditch, and an occupational detour as a Primary School Deputy Headteacher. Dave is married to Ruth and they have 3 teenage children. As a family they received a clear call to come to Tab Life Centre in May 2016.
Pastor Ruth Thomas
Ruth is from County Cork in Southern Ireland. As well as pastoring the church she works bi-voationally as an Occupational Health Nurse. She has worked alongside Dave for the last 20 years in all areas of ministry. She is passionate about mental health and how the church has very real answers to a very real problem. Ruth is married to Dave and they have 3 teenage children.
I’m Adrian I’m a Trinant boy. I’ve been married to Sylvia for 52 years. I came with Sylvia and family to Pont in 1979 when Robert Baldwin was pastor. After a few years I was made an elder, I worked with Sylvia as youth leaders. I am also the church treasurer. I’m now very honoured to serve as a leader with my wife Sylvia under Dave and Ruth ministry.
I’m Sylvia and have been married to Adrian for 52 years we have three grown up children,eight grandchildren and four great grandchildren. I’ve been in Pont tab life for 40 years and during that time I was a youth leader with Adrian and we had a fantastic youth group of about 45-50 young people. Both Adrian and myself now have the privilege to serve our pastors Dave and Ruth.
Mark was born and raised in Caerphilly before moving to Penarth when he married Bethan in 1999. Mark and Bethan moved back to Caerphilly when children appeared as Nanny care was cheaper than child care. Having served the Lord in Caerphilly the path was made clear for Mark and his family to attend Tab life almost two years ago. He is keen to serve, encourage and support Tab life in its role as the body of people who know and serve the Lord.
- We believe that the Bible (i.e. the Old and New Testaments excluding the Apocrypha), is the inspired Word of God, the infallible, all sufficient rule for faith and practice.
- 2 Tim. 3:15-16, 2 Peter 1:21
- We believe in the unity of the One True and Living God who is the Eternal, Self-Existent “I AM”, Who has also revealed Himself as One being co-existing in three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Deuteronomy 6:4, Mark 12:29, Matt 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14
- We believe in the Virgin Birth, Sinless Life, Miraculous Ministry, Substitutionary Atoning Death, Bodily Resurrection, Triumphant Ascension and Abiding Intercession of the Lord Jesus Christ and in His personal, visible, bodily return in power and glory as the blessed hope of all believers
- Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Hebrews 7:26, 1 Peter 2:22, Acts 2:22, 10:38, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 9:12, Luke 24:39, 1 Corinthians 15:4, Acts 1:9, Ephesians 4:8-10, Romans 8:34, Hebrews 7:25, 1 Corinthians 15:22-24, 51-57, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Revelation 20:1-6
- We believe in the fall of man, who was created pure and upright, but fell by voluntary transgression.
- Genesis 1:26-31, 3:1-7, Romans 5:12-21
- We believe in salvation through faith in Christ, who, according to the Scriptures, died for our sins, was buried and was raised from the dead on the third day, and that through His Blood we have Redemption.
- Titus 2:11, 3:5-7, Romans 10:8-15, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
- This experience is also known as the new birth, and is an instantaneous and complete operation of the Holy Spirit upon initial faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- John 3:5-6, James 1:18, 1 Peter 1:23, 1 John 5:1
- We believe that all who have truly repented and believed in Christ as Lord and Saviour are commanded to be baptised by immersion in water.
- Matt. 28:19, Acts 10:47-48, Acts 2:38-39
- We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit as an enduement of the believer with power for service, a biblical evidence of which is the speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
- Acts 1:4-5, 8, 2:4, 10:44-46, 11:14-16, 19:6
- We believe in the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit and the gifts of Christ in the Church today.
- 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, 28, Ephesians 4:7-16
- We believe in holiness of life and conduct in obedience to the command of God.
- 1 Peter 1:14-16, Hebrews 12:14, 1 Thessalonians 5:23, 1 John 2:6
- We believe that deliverance from sickness, by Divine Healing is provided for in the Atonement.
- Isaiah 53:4-5, Matthew 8:16-17, James 5:13-16
- We believe that all who have truly repented and believe in Christ as Lord and Saviour should regularly participate in Breaking of Bread.
- Luke 22:14-20, 1 Corinthians 11:20-34
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the everlasting conscious bliss of all who truly believe in our Lord Jesus Christ and the everlasting conscious punishment of all whose names are not written in the Book of Life.
- Daniel 12:2-3, John 5:28-29, 1 Corinthians 15:22-24, Matthew 25:46, 2 Thessalonians 1:9, Revelation 20:10-15
We believe that life is a mission, sharing the love of Jesus, through the talents and gifts that he has given us with anyone and everyone we meet.
God – Jesus said to love God with all our heart, soul and mind.
We meet together to love him, worship him, pray to him and learn about him. (Matthew 22v37)
Each Other – Jesus said that if we love each other people will know that we are his disciples. (John 13v35)
Tab Life is about life…family, helping one another, encouraging one another, supporting one another.
The World – Jesus said to love your neighbour as yourself
We try to do just that. If we can help, we’ll help.
Word – We believe that the bible is the God breathed and is useful to teach us and equip us for works of service.(Timothy 3v16)
Talents – God has given all of us talents that we can use to serve him. At Tab, we try to identify these and encourage people (Matthew 25 v14-21)
Gifts – We believe that the Holy Spirit gives gifts to every believer to bring glory to Jesus and to build the church. (1 Peter 4v10-11, 1 Corinthians 12v7)
Into all the world… and share Jesus (Matthew 28:19-20)
HOUSE OF JOY UGANDA
House of Joy is a Christian School and Community initiative, based in Kasala, Uganda.
The Porject was set up from Blackwood In 2005, and is lead by Joy and Ronnie Maund in Uganda, who are members of our TAB Life Family when they are home in the UK. As a church we support Joy and Ron on a monthly basis. But also encourage our family and friends to support House of Joy on a monthly basis.
HOJ is a truly incredible project which as its tag line states, is "Touching Hearts and Changing Lives!"
Click here to visit the House of Joy Web site for more information.
TAB Life Centre is an Assemblies of God Church.
Assemblies of God is a Bible Believing, Spirit Filled, Pentecostal Movement. With a history dating back to the Azuza Street Revival in 1914, and a world wide family of AOG churches the AOG is the world's largest Pentecostal Denomination.